Re: Preventing sorting in completers

On Jul 14,  5:41pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Preventing sorting in completers
}
} For example, the following very lightly tested function where I've tried
} not to screw up _expand but fell into apathy at the thought of actually
} testing whether I had.

I think what you've done will change the behavior of _expand in those
cases where the internal sort done by the completion system does not
agree with the sort performed by ${(o)exp}.  Depending on the context
used to set the style, of course.

I'm not sure what the other ramifications of the zstyle context may be;
_expand uses

    zstyle -s ":completion:${curcontext}:" sort sort

whereas with the patch _description uses

    zstyle -s ":completion:${curcontext}:$1" sort sort

} I think this makes the direct use in _history redundant.

Not quite, because _history also uses the shorter context name:

    if zstyle -t ":completion:${curcontext}:" sort; then

Is there an obvious way to resolve that, without breaking working styles?