Re: Just to make sure I'm understanding it...

    Hi Peter :)

 * Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> dixit:
> > is, why the spaces around the pattern and the qualifier?
> They're optional, they're just there for readability.

    OK, nice. I thought that it had to do with something about the
globbing...

> What you're
> probably missing is the the outer parentheses are there to turn the
> assignment into an array assignment, they're nothing to do with
> globbing.

    Oops. I thought that they where there for introducing a filename
generation. I thought I read it in the manual, but I'm not sure...
Yes, I know. In the manual says that if a word contains an unquoted
instance of a '*', '(', etc... it is regarded as a pattern for
filename generation, and I interpreted (wrongly) that 'if a word
starts'. My fault, sorry O:)

> The new arrangement (with GLOB_ASSIGN unset) is much neater.

    Yes, you're true. Well, thanks a lot again for your fast and
informative answer. I'm just amazed about how powerful zsh is, and
learning all that power is difficult (at least for me), so is very
comforting for me to know that zsh gurus like you give a helping hand
to zsh clueless (like me) ;))) Free software is fantastic.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736