Re: PATCH: Re: completing commands

Bart wrote:
> On Sep 3,  3:57pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> }
> } In addition to that, it refuses to complete local directories in the
> } current directory.
>
> Really?  I get them completed in 4.0.6, even without your patch.  Can
> you show an example of the before and after behavior?

I get them completed in 4.0 too.

The cause is the last part of 15945. It prevents (in _cd) local
directory completion in command completion because "that's already
handled by _command_names". However, if you look at _command_names, you
will see that it only completes directories if
  [[ -n "$path[(r).]" || $PREFIX = */* ]]

So my patch makes _cd again complete local directories when that
condition is not true.

That part of 15945 was an attempt to solve the problem Peter reported
but it only covered one of the two places where _cd was completing
directories.

Oliver