Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Subshell exiting, suspend problem
- X-seq: zsh-workers 19198
- From: Danek Duvall <duvall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Philippe Troin <phil@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Subshell exiting, suspend problem
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:30:39 -0700
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <87llrjby8w.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Danek Duvall <duvall@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Philippe Troin <phil@xxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20030926165251.GA14940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20031003205809.GE4255@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <873ceaugby.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20031003222443.GH4255@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20031008070418.GD692@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <87llrwur5j.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <87llrjby8w.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:54:55AM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> Can you check that you can reproduce the bit about failing to detect
> tcsetpgrp properly?
I can't. At this point, it's been long enough that I can't remember
what I might have done it to push it one way or the other.
However ... I plucked the test to check if tcsetpgrp() works or not out,
and ran it with stdin redirected from /dev/null, and it promptly fails.
The test is only run, however, if test -t 0 is true. I must have
somehow hooked stdin up to something that was a terminal, but wasn't the
I'm a bit confused, especially since our build script has changed
recently to redirect all stdin from /dev/null, but I'm not using that
version of the build script, etc. At any rate, I've lost the ability to
reproduce what I did, unless I stumble across the magic incantation
> BTW, I could not reproduce your problem at all. If I run configure in
> the background, it just stops during the "checking if tcsetpgrp()
> actually works..." test. This patch fixes this part.
Yeah, I still see that.
If I have time, and can reproduce the problem, I'll send out another
message. If I don't, I'll just mutter quietly in a dark corner
Messages sorted by: