Re: Is there an idiom for converting an array to an associative array?

On Jan 15,  9:05am, Matt Armstrong wrote:
}
} I'm looking for an idiom that will convert the array (a b c) into
} (a "" b "" c "") so I can assign it easily to an associative array.

As it happens ...

    typeset "assoc[${^array[@]}]=''"

should do that particular thing quite effectively, provided that none
of the values of $array is * or @.

} Right now I've got ugliness like this:
}
}     array=(a b c)
}     set -A assoc

That should be "typeset -A assoc".  "set -A" means something entirely
different.