Re: jobs not listing all commands

Peter already patched this, but I wanted to comment on ...

On Feb 16, 11:58pm, Felix Rosencrantz wrote:
}
} ps also note another "bug" with "%j" and the prompt. when the sleep
} finishes, the prompt doesn't update.

Prompts don't update between two interactive commands, ever, no matter
what the reason.  The prompt string is computed when ZLE initializes
(just before it is first printed) and is thereafter used verbatim until
the next re-initialize.

The PS2 prompt is recomputed after each accept-line, but not while the
current line is still being edited.  So if you put %j in PS2 you can see
it change every time you hit enter with an unclosed quote or brace, but
it still doesn't change when the job status notification is printed.

Also, with respect to Peter's patch, I now get:

../../../zsh-4.0/Src/Modules/zpty.c: In function `get_pty':
../../../zsh-4.0/Src/Modules/zpty.c:176: warning: implicit declaration of function `grantpt'
../../../zsh-4.0/Src/Modules/zpty.c:176: warning: implicit declaration of function `unlockpt'
../../../zsh-4.0/Src/Modules/zpty.c:176: warning: implicit declaration of function `ptsname'
../../../zsh-4.0/Src/Modules/zpty.c:176: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

And during "make test", the completion tests hang forever in comptestinit.
I have to manually #undef HAVE_DEV_PTMX in config.h (I have the device but
not the library routines for manipulating it, apparently).