Re: PATCH: case-insensitive globbing

Peter wrote:

> > It's just a thought but would it be somehow possible to detect the
> > filesystem type and allow the efficency gain to be of use where, for
> > example, a windows partition is mounted from linux.
>
> Yes, it occurred to me, but it's too complicated for now.  Also, it
> means checking for every single file when the option is on.  I'm not
> sure this can be done efficiently.

Wouldn't each directory be sufficient?

> +	if (!patglobflags
> +#ifdef __CYGWIN__

As pointed out by James Devenish, it is probably also relevant for Mac
OS X. Can anyone confirm what preprocessor defines we should be looking
for? My reading of this:
  http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2071.html
would indicate both __APPLE__ and __MACH__ but it isn't entirely clear.

Oliver