News: zsh-4.1.1-nonstop-fp

At

	ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/zsh/
	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/zsh/

can be found a distribution extending zsh-4.1.1

-rw-rw-r--  1 beebe staff 1925744 Feb 28 08:11 zsh-4.1.1-nonstop-fp.tar.bz2
-rw-rw-r--  1 beebe staff 2437015 Feb 28 08:11 zsh-4.1.1-nonstop-fp.tar.gz

that contains improvements in the handling of floating-point
arithmetic.  I invite comments from the zsh developers, and I plan in
the future, when some other projects are complete, to make similar
changes to the AT&T ksh93 distribution, and submit them to its
developers.

The motivation for the changes, and their testing on many different
Unix platforms, is fully documented in the README.NONSTOP-FP file in
the distribution, and also available separately in the above
directory, so I won't repeat it here.

If the changes meet with zsh developer approval, I'd like to see them
made standard in the next release of zsh.

- Department of Mathematics, 110 LCB    Internet e-mail: beebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                       beebe@xxxxxxx  beebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090, USA    URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe  -