Re: PATCH: omit completion tests if no zpty

Peter wrote:

> Presumably the problem is in get_pty(), which isn't all that long.
> Probably strace or truss ought to say where the difficulty is.

I'm not sure it is get_pty(). All is seemingly okay when creating a zpty
command but trying to read from it (-r, -t, -L etc) just hangs till I
press Ctrl-C.

> Or we can try explicitly #undef USE_DEV_PTMX and see if that works.

That results in exactly the same happening so isn't much help.

Could we perhaps try taking code from here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/expect/expect/pty_termios.c?rev=5.37

At the top, it says the file is in the public domain so we can use it.
It seems to indicate that we need to trap some ioctls. Also looks like
it uses /dev/ptym.

Is it worth trying to do something before 4.2?

Oliver