Re: zsh and line breaks

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Felix Rosencrantz wrote:

Hi Felix,

> It would be great if the cygwin version of zsh could be built straight out of
> the zsh cvs repository. (Or at least with minimal patching.)

Yes, it would still have to have some patching, but it would be minor now
that my more significant code changes have been accepted into source.

> Are there any additional resources in the cygwin port that are not
> included in the cvs tree?  I know of at least one script, mkzsh, that is
> missing from cvs.

Hmmm...  I have thought about doing this, but time and resources are an
issue right now.  In a few more weeks, I hope to have had some hardware
reconfiguration done and be in a better position to actually do this in
an automated fashion.  But, for the moment, I can't really accommodate
you.  Sorry.

Reguarding scripts... mkzsh was just something I literally threw together
on a sunday afternoon, along with a few Cygwin command completion
scripts.  They are only intended for Cygwin and unuseful for other
platforms, so I have not deemed them worth enough to submit to source and
maintain them separately, like I maintain the Cygwin build script.  I see
you've contributed (much improved) versions of some of those completion
scripts, and I encourage you to continue in that vein.  If you feel they
should be contributed... well... convince me why they should. :)

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>