Re: PATCH: Re: Compsys and KSH_AUTOLOAD

On Apr 19, 12:18pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} declare not accepting -m goes back to before the mailing list archives
} so unless you have older archives, it won't be easy to find out.

I have zsh source dating back to 1993, before I even knew there *was* a
"declare" command, but it's there, and doesn't have -m.

  {"declare", bin_typeset, 0, -1, BINF_TYPEOPTS, 0, "LRZfilrtux", NULL},

} My suspicion is that it was an oversight when -m was added but it may
} have been bash compatibility.

I suspect the latter:  For source that old, it's almost all Paul's code,
and I suspect he implemented it as nearly as possible the way bash does.

} So I really don't see much harm in adding -m to declare's options.
} Or do you disagree?

No, I don't see any harm.  I think that means you should reverse the
sense of the test rather than remove the test, though.