Re: Bug in zsh-4.2.0-4?

int Adams wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 07:27:00PM -0600, Ben Pearre wrote:
> Hi...  I'm running the latest debian unstable, including zsh 4.2.0-4.
> An instance of zsh will work fine for a while, and then start doing
> this on every command:
>
> (0)# cd
> preexec:1: job table full
> precmd:1: job table full

It shouldn't be possible to get this error message unless the job table
has grown to a really silly size, indicating another problem.  I can't
see anything just by using your precmd and preexec and repeatedly
executing commands, but maybe there is some kind of race.

If you want to debug it, you could run gdb on zsh and set a break point
inside the function zfork() in exec.c where it it outputs the error
message you're seeing.  Then look at the variables maxjob, jobtabsize,
and if maxjob is large, the values of some entries of the table e.g.
jobtab[maxjob-1], jobtab[maxjob-2], ...

If you can get any more info, thanks.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com