Re: 4.2.0: failed to load module

Scott Smedley wrote:
> On all 3 systems "make test" indicated:
>
> ./A06assign.ztst: starting.
> Test ./A06assign.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
>  typeset -A hash
>  hash=(one 1)
>  h+=string
>  [[ $h[@] == string ]]
> Was testing: add scalar to association
> ./A06assign.ztst: test failed.

This is weird because (i) the test doesn't actually make a lot of sense
as written (ii) it should just happen to work anyway; we haven't had, so
far as I remember, any other reports of this failure.  So I'm not really
sure what this indicates.

(In fact, you can't add a single scalar to an association, so I think
it's trying to test the fact that instead the shell resets the array to
a scalar and gives it the value after the +=.  Whether this is better
than printing an error and refusing to do the operation I'm not entirely
convinced.  Anyway, if that's what it's trying to do the test should
look like:

typeset -A hash
hash=(one 1)
hash+=string
[[ $hash[@] = string ]]

But that should have the same effect as using the previously undefined
variable h.)

> Nevertheless, everything is working ok on my RH9 system & 1 of my RH7.2
> systems. On the other RH7.2 system however, I am getting the following
> error message:
>
> /etc/profile:10: failed to load module: zsh/rlimits
> /etc/zshrc:27: failed to load module: zsh/zle
> /etc/zshrc:bindkey:27: autoload failed
>
> & then a whole bunch of consequential errors.

That's the sort of message you get if the modules aren't installed
properly or aren't visible.  By default they would be in
  /usr/local/lib/zsh/4.2.0/zsh/rlimits.so
  /usr/local/lib/zsh/4.2.0/zsh/zle.so
and so on, depending where you installed zsh.  Make sure those files are
readable on that system.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com