Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Gmane (Re: lining up RPS1 and PS1)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 21311
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Gmane (Re: lining up RPS1 and PS1)
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:23:03 +0100
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20050606101820.GC26977@xxxxxxxxx> <qlatb51rctqd.1demqvzzxqs8o.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx> <20050606104341.GF26977@xxxxxxxxx> <11fc1y0fzrde8$.td8r7q16atgb$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx> <1050606150919.ZM21963@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Bart Schaefer (2005-06-06 16:09 +0100)
> On Jun 6, 11:53am, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> } And: please don't crosspost to .devel.
> He didn't cross-post. I got only one copy of his message.
> Although you're reading zsh-users via gmane.org's interface, zsh-users
> is a mailing list, not a newsgroup.
> And it happens that the maintainers of the zsh-users mailing list have
> arranged for all messages sent to zsh-users to be sent to zsh-workers,
> another mailing list. This is so that the zsh developers don't have to
> subscribe to both lists in order to see all the postings.
> It happens that gmane is also mirroring the zsh-workers into a newsgroup
> named, apparently, something ending in .devel. That newsgroup is going
> to get a copy of everything that's in zsh-users, whether its readers like
> it or not.
I'm not subscribed to the devel mailing list.
> Complain to gmane, or quit reading the non-.devel newsgroup,
> but don't blame the people using zsh-users as a mailing list like it was
> meant to be used.
I'm only subscribed to the user list. So I only got one article and
had no problem. Hitting the follow-up button on MG's article shows the
devel and the user mailing list.
So I thought he sent his article to the devel and the user. Maybe he
sent it only to devel - I don't know.
I suspected that you - the developers - got it twice. But anyway: *I*
didn't have any problem with that.
Nevertheless: there has to be a reason why your and his article has a
and mine and DN's for example show only "Newsgroups:
Messages sorted by: