Re: LONG_LIST_JOBS doesn't affect all job listings?

On Jun 20, 10:55am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: LONG_LIST_JOBS doesn't affect all job listings?
}
} I would certainly have said bg and fg should work like job
} notifications, at least.

Even job notifications aren't consistent; only *asynchronous* notices
get the long format.  If you have no_notify set, the short form is used.
[That's because scanjobs() also ignores long_list_jobs.]

} Is this connected with users/8989?  The messages seem to be generally
} rather inconsistent.

Yes; I was peeking at how difficult it would be to implement tcsh's
option, and was using LONGLISTJOBS as a placeholder (and wondering if
perhaps it couldn't just be employed full time as a stand-in).