Re: PATCH: (one-liner) adjustwinsize doesn't update prompt string

Dan Bullok wrote:

> zsh 4.2.5 does not re-evaluate the prompt string when the window size
> changes.
> When the window size changes, it seems to me that zle should know about it,
> and redisplay the prompt appropriately. Most of the two line prompts get
> very screwed up on a window resize, and you have to hit enter for them to
> behave again.

I'll apply this (and to 4.3 where the code is slightly different).

> There's another closely related issue that's bugging me, which I don't have a
> fix for. When the window is resized, zsh keeps moving the prompt down a line
> at a time. This isn't a big deal, except that it often ends up causing the
> display to scroll up so that I can't see anything but the messed up prompt
> bits on screen. Is it necessary to do this when the display is updated? Is
> there a way to prevent it without messing everything else up? I've looked at
> zrefresh for a couple of hours, but I'm completely confused by it.

Yes, I can see this behaviour.  I'll try to remember to look and see
what's going on, unless Geoff has any ideas.

By the way, our mail scanning software (blackspider) decided there was a
virus (huntsman) in your script attachment.  It's presumably wrong, but
anyway the attachment got blocked.

the system manager.