Re: completion bug in UTF-8 locale

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:24:33 +0200
David Gómez <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I'm testing latest CVS and the completion bug is still present. My locale
> is different from Roman's one (es_ES.UTF-8) and my tests are with japanese
> characters:
>
> [~] % ls 花
> aaaa  bbbb
>
> And
>
> [~] % cd 花/<Tab>
>
> doesn't complete.

Is this after plain "zsh -f"?  I can see the problem there, although I
may not have a chance to look at it for a while since I'm in the middle
of some holiday (it's probably a fairly trivial missing piece of Meta
handling again).  This isn't too surprising since I haven't been paying
much attention to old-style completion.

Or is this after compinit, possibly with some styles set?  I can't see
any problem there at the moment (and unless aaaa and bbbb are
directories they wouldn't complete at that point).

Generally speaking, the exact context is crucial in looking at completion
bugs.