Re: PATCH: zsh/regex and =~

On May 1,  5:11pm, Phil Pennock wrote:
}
} > I'll commit this even if there are quibbles, to establish either a stick
} > in the ground or a line in the sand.  (I asked what the difference
} > was and was told one was horizontal and the other vertical.)
}
} You can tell the time by the stick in the ground, on a sunny day, if you
} draw lines in the sand to mark the hours.

A stick in the ground marks your point of farthest advance, from which
you are unwilling to retreat.  A line in the sand marks the limit to
which you intend to allow your adversary to advance.  As usual, hard
upright things signify aggression, and soft recumbent things, defense.
Further exploration of these metaphors is left as an exercise for the
reader, lest even more of my zsh mail end up in Gmail's spam folder.

(Yes, after months since the last incident, zsh mail is being junked by
google again.  Sigh.)