Re: Accept filename completion

On Jan 16, 2008 2:12 PM, Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mikael,

"Mikael Magnusson" <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 14/01/2008, Jörg Sommer < joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how do I tell zsh that I take a completion? When I complete
>> /usr/s<TAB><TAB> I get /usr/sbin. Pressing TAB again gives me /usr/share,
>> but I want to see the files in /usr/sbin. How to do this?
>
> Press /<tab>

That's not really useful when you complete something else than
directories. It there really nothing else than stop the completion and
start a new one?

If I understand what you mean, perhaps accept-and-menu-complete does what you want?

ls hello.<TAB>
hello.C     hello.cpp   hello.exe*  hello.obj*

then another <TAB> yields:

ls hello.C

M-x accept-and-menu-complete yields:

ls hello.C hello.cpp