Re: Accept filename completion

On Jan 16,  7:12pm, Jorg Sommer wrote:
} Subject: Re: Accept filename completion
}
} >> how do I tell zsh that I take a completion? When I complete
} >> /usr/s<TAB><TAB> I get /usr/sbin. Pressing TAB again gives me
} >> /usr/share, but I want to see the files in /usr/sbin. How to do
} >> this?
} >
} > Press /<tab>
}
} That's not really useful when you complete something else than
} directories. It there really nothing else than stop the completion and
} start a new one?

There really is nothing else.  You're in a menu, cycling through a
list of choices that zsh doesn't know how to disambiguate, so you have
to disambiguate for it by ending this completion.

Vin may be on the mark with his accept-and-menu-complete suggestion,
but circumstances still dictate what you have to do.  If you want to
complete again in the same context, e.g. another file in the same
directory, then use accept-and-menu-complete; otherwise you have to
change the context, e.g. descend to a subdirectory by adding a slash.