Re: git completion horribly slow in kernel tree

On 22/01/2008, Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:39:58PM +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> > I tried to fix that once but I gave up because I don't use any git
> > trees that large usually. basically the problem is _git calls
> > git-ls-tree with -r, which means recursive. I have this  patch lying
> > around but it isn't finished. I don't remember what isn't finished
> > either but maybe it helps someone anyway?
>
> Committing this, and hopefully someone will figure it out quickly if
> there's anything missing.

Hm maybe my disclaimer wasn't clear enough, the code doesn't actually work.
Specifically it doesn't complete anything after typing a partial
directory name after a sha1: expression, so git show HEAD:<tab> will
list all dirs and files, but HEAD:D<tab> won't complete to Doc.

--
Mikael Magnusson