Re: Fwd: Re: zsh compilation problem with autoconf git

* Ismail Dönmez wrote on Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 05:42:40AM CET:
> Wednesday 30 January 2008 00:38:19 tarihinde Clint Adams şunları yazmıştı:
> > On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 12:03:33AM +0200, Ismail Dönmez wrote:
> > >
> > >     # check 2.13, 2.50, and 2.60 syntaxes
> > >     if grep '%@D@%D%' config.status >/dev/null ||
> > >        grep ',@D@,D,' config.status >/dev/null ||
> > >        grep ',@D@,|#_!!_#|D,' config.status >/dev/null; then
> > >         is_dynamic=true
> > >     else
> > >         is_dynamic=false
> > >     fi
> > >
> > > So the question is, is this thing needed at all, if yes why?
> >
> > Presumably Src/mkmakemod.sh would need to be generated to check that
> > value in any supported manner.  I don't recall a reason that that
> > can't be done.
>
> Why doesn't it parse config.h instead? I got

Clint is right.  The clean solution would be to have Src/mkmakemod.sh.in
(or a small helper file it sources) with
  D=@D@
  if test $D = D; then is_dynamic=true; else is_dynamic=false; fi

and of course in configure.ac you'd need
  AC_CONFIG_FILES([Src/mkmakemod.sh]).

Cheers,
Ralf