Re: svn commit completion

On 2008-01-31 12:06:47 -0500, Clint Adams wrote:
> [moved to -workers]
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 05:55:06PM +0100, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> >  Actually "svn ci" does complete only modified (or added, removed) files
> > here (zsh 4.3.2 under Debian Linux), but the problem is that these files
> > are remembered by the completer in a global _cache_svn_status variable
> > which is never updated. I don't really know what's the best way of fixing
> > it but for now I've just done "precmd() { unset _cache_svn_status }" and
> > "svn ci" completes correctly all the time and not just the first one.

Note that this is not sufficient if you use another shell session
to call svn (I frequently do that).

> Repeating what I said at http://bugs.debian.org/342347 ,
> maybe a very short cache expiration is the way to go.

Yes, maybe. Or can't something like FAM[*] optionally be used when
supported? (Note: if it is used, it should be a run-time option,
as I'm not sure that FAM is OK with all NFS servers.)

[*] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_alteration_monitor