Re: [Cooker] Mandriva RPM states Zsh license is GPL

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
While updating Mandriva RPM for 4.3.5 it caught my attention that SPEC states License: GPL. Now, that is wrong as far as I can tell; Zsh is not under GPL license and it IIRC several times it was mentioned on zsh-workers that Zsh won't be put under GPL (I may be wrong here).

This poses several questions.

If we need License tag in RPM - how should it be called? Zsh comes with LICENSE file but that is not anything from "commonly used" license.

Possibly more question to zsh-workers - should I remove License: GPL from Mandriva RPM?

To cooker - if we cannot put any "common" open source license tag in zsh RPM - is it allowed to be distributed via main repository?

See http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Licensing for the license policy.

AFAICS in this case the "correct" license tag is:
License: BSD-like

--
Anssi Hannula