Re: Fw: Phil's prompt is not working when LANG is set to UTF-8

On Feb 16, 10:56am, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
}
} Now downside of course is, it works only with patched shell ...

I'll describe a workaround but I don't have time now to actually
write code for it:

(1) Emit %{, the sequence for "save cursor position", %}

(2) Emit ${#PR_FILLBAR} spaces.

(3) Emit %{, "restore cursor position", then the actual line drawing
    characters (which will overwrite the spaces), then %}

This should work in any shell, and should work whether the shell is
correctly calculating the width of the ACS characters or not, and
should even work if the ACS characters are not being used.