Re: Shebang diff

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:38:22 -0800
> I just spotted this ChangeLog entry:
>
> +2008-02-07  Clint Adams  <clint@xxxxxxx>
> +
> +	* unposted: Functions/Misc/run-help-git,
> +	Functions/Calendar/calendar_add, Functions/Misc/sticky-note: remove
> +	shebang line.
>
> Functions/Misc/sticky-note is explicitly designed to be runnable as a
> standalone script.  Removing the #! line was IMO wrong.

Actually, the same is true of calendar_add:  it's most useful when
executed from an external programme that's managing called as a backend
to processing calendars in mail.  However, Clint's point, which is
reasonable, was that the files in question are being installed into the
function area, not into the path.  If we wanted to make proper
arrangements for them to be called directly, we should both install them
into the path and make them executable at that point, rather than rely
on them being executable from where they are.  So I think rather than
changing the permissions again, if we're interested in doing something
more with ambivalent scripts/functions it would be better to provide
some utility to fix things.