Re: New D07 test failure

On Feb 28,  9:51am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} OK, so we can't rely on the collation sequence in UTF-8 being consistent
} across implementations, and we can't rely on "sort" either.  Any other
} ideas before I simply remove the sort tests?

Maybe you just need to choose the inputs more carefully?

I don't know whether this is really the case here, but it's entirely
possible that E-with-grave and E-with-acute have equivalent collation
in some locales, and therefore we're running into sort algorithm
stability differences that have nothing to do with correctness.

The important thing would be to find some characters whose collation
order actually inverts (rather than becoming indistinguishable) in
some locales.  Unfortunately I don't know how to go about that, either.