Re: PATCH: command line highlighting

On 02/04/2008, Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now 4.3.6 is out of the way, here's something I've been working on.  It
>  highlights the normal command line (not a completion list) in three
>  ways:

+item(tt(special))(
+Individual characters that have no direct printable
+representation but are shown in a special manner by the line editor.
+These characters are described below.)
+enditem()

It appears a newline is needed between the . and the ), or the output becomes:
  These characters are described below..'
same for these parts
`tt(^)' followed by the base character.)
on the operating system.)

The region hilighting acts a bit odd for me, if I type 'hello' press
ctrl-space and go left, everything appears fine until the cursor
reaches the "e", at this point the "h" is also hilighted. Tried in
urxvt and xterm, with zsh -f, with the same result. Going back and
forth seems to leave some characters hilighted too.

Other than that, this seems really nice. :)

--
Mikael Magnusson