Re: PATCH: (large) initial support for combining characters in ZLE.

On 2008/04/18, at 18:40, Peter Stephenson wrote:
  so iswgraph() might be the thing.

There are about 15 characters for which "wcwidth() > 0 && ! iswgraph()"
is true, all of them are a kind of white space (no tab or such).
I personaly think "space + combining-char" is OK and
just "wcwidth()>0" is enough for defining the base character.
(wcwidth() is -1 for any control chars including tabs.)
But if you think white space should not be a base character,
then "wcwidth() > 0 && iswgraph()" would be the best definition
of the base character.

Probably looking for a graphic zero width character is good enough.
There may not be control character with zero width, anyway.

Yes, I believe so. "wcwidth()==0" would be just enough for
defining the combining characters. wcwidth() is -1 for control
characters.

Jun