Re: PATCH: isearch match highlighting

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> This one is worth posting.
>
>  With pattern matching in isearch, it's now quite useful to have the
>  matched string highlighted.  I've made the default underlining rather
>  than standout because of the annoyance that standout on a cursor that's
>  shown in inverse video flips it to normal video, then when you've just
>  matched one character there's nothing at all on the line.  This seems to
>  be common behaviour.
>
>  You could argue that if highlighting is done this way it would make more
>  sense for the cursor position to be where the user is typing, but I
>  it's non-trivial to change, hard to be sure the highlighting selected is
>  going to work, incompatible with usage when there's no highlighting, and
>  I don't feel like monkeying with it anyway.
>
>  I can't help feeling I must have screwed up this one somehow.

Is this working for others?  It doesn't seem to work at all for me.
zsh -f
bindkey -e
^Rb
and the shell goes into a tight loop, using 100% of one of my cores,
and won't die to anything less than a kill -9.  Anybody else see this?
 It's a fresh checkout, built with './configure --enable-multibyte
--with-term-lib=ncurses'

~Matt