Re: zsh 4.3.6 FreeBSD bug

On Sat, 3 May 2008 00:39:47 -0700
Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FreeBSD's conflict in definitions for wchar_t and wint_t if ncurses.h is
> included with _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED defined (conflict with stddef.h and
> wchar.h) means that zsh 4.3.6 fails to build on FreeBSD 6.2/amd64.

I've now defined _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to get wcwidth() even if curses
doesn't need it, because that's an XSI function; presumably that doesn't
want to happen on BSD either (it'll appear in the scope of the curses
files)?  If so we'll need to revise the scope of the definition you
changed to mean never define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED.