Re: zpty woes (enhancement request)

On May 20, 10:28am, Jaime Vargas wrote:
}
} It would be nice if zpty had a call to inspect the pseudo-terminal
} buffer.

There is no "pseudo-terminal buffer" to examine.  From the point of
view of the calling shell, there's only a bi-directional pipe; things
can be read and written exacly once in each direction.  This isn't
like curses where there's an internal "screen image" maintained that
you might peek at.  It's only the process running on the pseudo-tty
that gets a buffered terminal-like view of the interaction.

} I find that `zpty -r' with or without pattern to be very
} difficult to debug. Any ideas on below problem?

I don't know what might be causing the problem, though I suspect it's
something ssh-related.

Try changing
    zpty -b ch ssh -l ${user} ${host}
    zpty -b ch script -q -c \"ssh -l ${user} ${host}\"

Then examine the resulting typescript file.