Re: environment settings

On 2008-06-21 13:30:50 +0100, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
> The program to debug (here env) is run through $SHELL which
> sources ~/.zshenv which overrides the setting of the A variable.
> (PATH in Wayne's case).
>
> It's not gdb's fault and there's nothing it can do about it.

OK, it is explained in the manual that argument building is done by
gdb, using $SHELL:

The _arguments._
     Specify the arguments to give your program as the arguments of the
     `run' command.  If a shell is available on your target, the shell
     is used to pass the arguments, so that you may use normal
     conventions (such as wildcard expansion or variable substitution)
     in describing the arguments.  In Unix systems, you can control
     which shell is used with the `SHELL' environment variable.  *Note
     Your Program's Arguments: Arguments.

So, this is even worse. For instance, if the user changes the way
arguments are built (e.g. I use "setopt EXTENDED_GLOB" in my .zshrc),
such options should actually be in the .zshenv to get the same
behavior!