Re: Test D03 hang under cygwin 1.7

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 23:07:24 -0500
Vin Shelton <acs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Under the soon-to-be-released Cygwin 1.7, I downloaded the latest CVS
> sources and ran a build from scratch.  I'm getting a test hang in D03:

This is process substitution again.  This is problematic under Cygwin:
sometimes one of the two forms works, sometimes another, even though both
are notionally present and zsh is simply using documented behaviour that
works on other systems.  (The real problem, of course, is that process
handling is intrinsically horrific in Cygwin.)

I don't think we can do much more than skip the test and put a warning
about related features in the manual.  We might be able to add an option to
pick the support we use (named pipes or device files) but that's probably
only of use to the sort of people who could in any case hack the
configuration by hand.