Re: zsh 4.3.10 terminates with SIGINT when one types Ctrl-G in emacs under Mac OS X

On Jul 13,  2:43am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} Why does zsh 4.3.10 behave differently?

Hmm.  There was a change to trap handling, but that should only matter
if LOCAL_TRAPS is set.  I also wanted there to have been some change
related to configure detecting restartable syscalls, but I can't find
anything in the ChangeLog about that.

IMO 4.3.10 has got it right and the older zsh et al. do not.

} I've searched on Google, and found the explanations of the various
} behaviors:
}
}   http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html
}
} IMHO, zsh should implement WCE, just like bash.

I'm not so sure.  You can emulate WCE with WUE and a trap, but there is
no way to make WCE do the right thing in the case of an ill-behaved
child that does not propagate the signal state through exit status.