Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Quoting problems with _zip (unzip) completer
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27660
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Quoting problems with _zip (unzip) completer
- Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:22:16 +0000
- In-reply-to: <alpine.LNX.2.01.1002040835330.2729@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <237967ef0908031315u72fa3661i17ff7f0107b85b9c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200908040850.n748oxlc011862@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20090817215819.796e9416@pws-pc> <237967ef1002021716l101c98b7obc758fb200a117e8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20100203220958.26bc25fe@pws-pc> <20100204113745.0a9a8234@news01> <alpine.LNX.2.01.1002040835330.2729@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"Benjamin R. Haskell" wrote:
> Yes. That works for me for the Zsh pattern problem. Still exploring
> the zipinfo problem.
Good; I didn't look at the latter, it sounded less like it needed low
There's definitely room in the market for someone to write a zsh
completion function how-to, even on top of the documentation, the
existing functions, and From Bash to Z-Shell. The use of quoted
strings direct from the command line vs. unquoted strings directly
representing file names could do with some description.
> > Index: Completion/Unix/Command/_zip
> > + if [[ $zipfile != $_zip_cache_list ]]; then
> > + _zip_cache_name="$zipfile"
> Shouldn't the first line there be $_zip_cache_list be $_zip_cache_name?
> (The problem was there before your patch [line 119 prepatch, 128 post])
> Otherwise I don't think it'll ever cache the list.
Yes, I'll tweak that in case this change ever gets submitted.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070 Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK
Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
Messages sorted by: