Re: have '&' automatically disown?

> If you start going looking for them you'll still find them.

Certainly not the end of the world...

> I don't know if that's good enough for your needs or not.

nohup + nocheckjobs does most of what I care about I guess.
I just noticed the later before starting this thread.

> I can well believe all of this, but it's not clear to me why its
> relevant.

Because if I turn monitor back on I can completely wedge my shell.

> If it means you still need job control to work continuously, then
> certainly turning off "monitor" isn't an option.

I don't actually want to use job control on the jobs started while
monitor was off, but since they are still there, chances are I will at
some point shoot myself in the foot.

Would it make sense to just auto-disown when monitor is off?

thanks,
Greg