Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Certain pattern causing shell to crash
- X-seq: zsh-workers 28591
- From: Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Certain pattern causing shell to crash
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:35:07 -0500
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=spodhuis.org; s=d200912; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Type:MIME-Version:References:Message-ID:Subject:Cc:To:From:Date; bh=ReFuaAzFuH50pwajMJdOojtBTmdIJYAiOs+56mGaGMU=; b=pgg6Zjz90YFF8TFvLoct4ELatgADI2Lvuai+co+8uYUOiRfdpGMxopyeGwKmA47ZHJZ/89gZGKc1N/vHLI6dIhjFjSG8xueYzCfJKIjo4hB9bBM6TG9anjQLUFVzz+NnL2XTg4yiVCAfUQfOpLdD0T72AaHVcUxoyRadkKtt39Q=;
- In-reply-to: <20110106195427.03ab19a9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20110106160802.GA4655@Xye> <20110106182201.27da4de9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20110106185134.GA10630@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20110106195427.03ab19a9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2011-01-06 at 19:54 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:51:35 -0500
> Ricky Zhou <ricky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I did a git bisect, and the segfault was introduced
> > in d234059b1c6493e5eefb6c28aa2b8a021d894d51. Hopefully this can be of
> > use to somebody more familiar with how this code works.
> (Ah, so I need to use
> git diff d234059b1c6493e5eefb6c28aa2b8a021d894d51^\!
> to look at it. Obvious.)
> Yes, that narrows it down a lot, thanks.
Oh dear, it was me fixing another problem? I'm sorry.
So in that change, I was avoiding shoving junk into the parse tree; was
that junk protecting us somehow? Did my original =~ feature manage
to introduce parallel code/decode bugs and the =~ code bug-fix exposed
the decode bug?
Messages sorted by: