Re: Bang Executing Perl Scripts

Hi,

François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> schrieb:
>>> This is not portable.
>> Portable enough today. But if you want to support minor OSs like BeOS
>> or windows ...
>
> I wouldn't call BeOS "minor".

Well, you cannot call it major. ;-)

> It might have had a limited diffusion, but it did introduce to the
> desktop OSes many concepts people now claim that they invented, like
> tickless, node monitoring... "BeOS did it 15y ago"

That might be true. But it is not altering the truth that nowadays not
so many people are using BeOS. (Not to say any about quality.)

> At least you didn't mention Haiku in the list :)

Well, I do not know Haiku and never heard about. And I do not tell any
about thinks I do not know. (normally ;-)

> As for Windows, its audience is certainly not minor, despite not
> having the favors of real hackers (except as a target for study). :)

There is two facts that make it minor:
1. The wish that this gaming OS is minor ;-)
2. The fact that people using zsh normally seldom use windows.

-- Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen                            http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  2048R/D1A4EDE5 2000-02-26 Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@xxxxxxxxx>