Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug in user guide
- X-seq: zsh-workers 28737
- From: cheer_xiao <xiaqqaix@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug in user guide
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:15:03 +0800
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=2bLf9w/XMnjGuiwfdg1TliHnsn1dwc6Bkt9dWdlWWJM=; b=Gs6fmiwIeUy/0Nug8SAUzJL3Ezy+sOrfwz4tAcvWWmVdemzfNARP/XIijUz7kYwS7x pkpKvjsnUTbed+wOkuFMfIsq5ynGxJL6IaAVinFUglEye43oauqYEu/SZu34iaOvaX1I SM6rdgH4EFtRistV9L1IpROq8SFTUfWv4DAs0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ZW4GjdADy2d2TJJ0UPnROjw/Vgl46CiCSW/GCb62wIqhiYWvjG/r3SuT7HajZSCLZ9 D46hihcjlpUh/s5O5zVSCiVWvOuORPToidAlgKmI2uURNj3Zfc+59UJ7BTXevyCf/rBR H6th6+Qp4m4hdwmUnJmUnF5lYfTfi6GO1rpa8=
- In-reply-to: <110210070431.ZM30121@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTi=Nm7OZD3ku_6VF5V6zpUmqCvMc2if0Yu09P9nS@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTimBbAwf-Cfa_Ki9NX-0_-gsO=51rX601xF8VqQ1@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTinUgfiZkE0GkHt6L=ccbpXxBhFhZphOua=z3Si9@mail.gmail.com> <110210070431.ZM30121@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Bart Schaefer
> Just to be sure ... you're talking about
> We'd certainly welcome any help with the guide (or any other docs, for
> that matter) so do jump in and send us suggested improvements. As for
> (1) in particular ... although the guide can be read linearly it's
> really more intended to to be navigated as hypertext, so adding more
> cross-references to places where terms are explained would probably be
> more useful than merely highlighting the "first" place they are used.
> Which ought to be possible if you're constructing an index anyway.
I think the user guide is intended for linear reading; it's quite hard
for me to start somewhere in the middle. After all, that's what most
"user guides" are; you should turn to the (more formal) documentation
when you need reference. User guides are more like books,
Given its linear nature, I suppose that adding cross-references can be
distracting and unnecessary (that's what the documentation needs),
while highlighting the first appearance of terms is quite helpful.
> Based on SourceForge's progress so far we might have our CVS back by
> sometime on Friday.
I'm looking forward to a heavily loaded "git pull"!
(I'm not a native speaker so please correct my English if it sounds
weird or impolite. Thanks!)
Messages sorted by: