Re: PATCH: zstyle to control completion of functions/parameters beginning with underscore

On Mar 2,  1:49pm, Greg Klanderman wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: zstyle to control completion of functions/parameters b
}
} >>>>> On March 1, 2011 Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > Your hide-internal style is very similar to prefix-needed.
}
} Sorry, I hadn't seen that.. if people agree, I can use the
} prefix-needed style instead; the issues I see with that are:
}
} 1. Prefix-needed is defined as defaulting to true, but to preserve
}    current behavior for functions/parameters, the default would have
}    to be false.

How about if prefix-needed becomes a ternary, with default "auto" where
the behavior of "auto" is defined to mean "false" in the new contexts
where you are applying it and "true" in all the contexts where it now
applies?

(This may be a silly suggestion, I haven't carefully worked out all
the interactions or how much code would need to be touched.)