Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: (5/3) _git: Make file-completion fallback optional
- X-seq: zsh-workers 29579
- From: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: (5/3) _git: Make file-completion fallback optional
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:35:51 +0200
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>, Johan Sundström <oyasumi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=29ua9F7KAgboGPpKCJStpgk0PIkskgOjFWZqVKw0me4=; b=Ez9h7BmSYvvSCth+Q+9HaQOGG+uZDSab96UHuIFvPpkULsna7Yk6FCqx+b9szf14Ol aucVDh5N4TrGxOXpjnbEi++t4pnc5iPywz+MryLMoymqG62xINqal6r1QQj4Mp6c06lI C/i+2Yo0qHnrI5vXUOzFzY560mYj0kR4rW3V0=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
2011/6/30 Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Jonas asserted that not everyone may like _git to fall back to file name
> completion for sub-commands it doesn't know. This makes that behaviour
> configurable. See the comment on top of _git for details.
> The default is to *use* the fallbacke, since I am convinced that is the
> least surprising way to do handle these situations. But if you really
> dislike the fallback, now you can have it your way. With an indicator as
> to *why* nothing is being completed even.
I don’t think we should do it this way. If a user doesn’t want files
to be completed, they should be disabling it with a zstyle. I can’t
figure out how you do that best, but one way seems to be
zstyle ':completion:*:*:git-mysubcommand:*' file-patterns ''
That won’t display a message, though.
Messages sorted by: