Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Git commands or aliases first?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 29587
- From: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Git commands or aliases first?
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:04:58 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4W0YhQUYqsoOTQdpvFXeqUFyI+wzl9OYeDX0Ug4ZF6c=; b=oyuIxxdew5juWzt6RtQR2VP5oqfVZ6U8Nv9MO3e5HVB50wUQ/3VNwo1J8vIqlQZ9vF 0mtpUhUnQAJ8N0iJjauI6gShXq9HnZ2iIh7uvi9y2wx73cPYy2AkkppbXXJzWI25mTvH jPIHUzc98j29zR625aEQTVmkeRADvvpe6lXg0=
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3Q4WFj64ccJdxBHEO3t18zMgz9C6pGhBe6BjDNamf64+Q@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CADdV=MuyRfW57ZizZxw3aw_Q0sRf2YRE1qHOewrSQMtZKoZLWQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAHYJk3Q4WFj64ccJdxBHEO3t18zMgz9C6pGhBe6BjDNamf64+Q@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 13:58, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22 July 2011 13:40, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What is the desired tag order for Git commands and aliases?
>> My conclusion is that the current behavior is incorrect. My reasoning
>> is that git will prefer invoking a command over an alias with the same
>> Does anyone have a contradictory opinion, or should I merge this change?
> We could show aliases first, but leave out ones that are also
> commands? On the one hand, I would want to complete my aliases before
> the commands, on the other hand I usually make alias names short
> enough to not need completing. On the third hand it's configurable
> with group-order anyway, so either is fine with me :). Ie
> zstyle ':completion:*:git:*' group-order main-porcelain-commands
Yes, I realize that it’s configurable, but I’d prefer the default to
be what most users want.
Hm, perhaps __git_aliases_or_commands is doing this wrong. Perhaps
adding the filtering that you suggest is the best way to do it.
Messages sorted by: