Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Git commands or aliases first?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 29591
- From: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Git commands or aliases first?
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:40:36 +0200
- Cc: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>, Zsh Workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=mSWlVkm0y+PJ5jaekAXX4dwGAIHWbxU7gryUw6dTqEc=; b=Jr7idr2ImEX0hriJ4ht0wQRg6kGB3Mm/3LRF45HyBt59ZuuUgLwE+w8WCiapWkz3hZ 9y+3f2RsOmQY+CIPZbAH3dGtlqW6Bu2Lc36GaVbwztNIizpl5bK8vjNQmylak2UcGReO jMEtsvRalzXlZSeSp/raTIr4CE001TfEam70w=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CADdV=MuyRfW57ZizZxw3aw_Q0sRf2YRE1qHOewrSQMtZKoZLWQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAHYJk3Q4WFj64ccJdxBHEO3t18zMgz9C6pGhBe6BjDNamf64+Q@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 14:06, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> On 22 July 2011 13:40, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> What is the desired tag order for Git commands and aliases?
>>> My conclusion is that the current behavior is incorrect. My reasoning
>>> is that git will prefer invoking a command over an alias with the same
>>> Does anyone have a contradictory opinion, or should I merge this change?
>> We could show aliases first, but leave out ones that are also
>> commands? On the one hand, I would want to complete my aliases before
>> the commands, on the other hand I usually make alias names short
>> enough to not need completing. On the third hand it's configurable
>> with group-order anyway, so either is fine with me :). Ie
>> zstyle ':completion:*:git:*' group-order main-porcelain-commands
> If there is a git alias "add", git will still use the command, not the
> alias. So that would make sense.
> I also think aliases should be completed before commands, since that
> will probably be "commands" the user calls regularly.
OK, I’ve implemented it this way now.
Messages sorted by: