Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Issue with history
- X-seq: zsh-workers 30330
- From: François <aifsair@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Issue with history
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:41:19 +0100
- Cc: aifsair+zsh@xxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:date:message-id :cc:to:mime-version:x-mailer; bh=9WZ1GtOuKYSHGXImZWxdsQFW0Lzmtr8NHUSKL2SuqpM=; b=WHO9GhHHX4glZHGf+0o6vEmXAJQ+3VdRrqb0id4JMFmvyASi3NHBaPIwb8U8kQKnGd /SH8Pqql5diRDoYOYW9yuQnRhRcrX8qp9Zl7yOWb4BzOlylzhb86Epe1VWZju5l1JViP /ecv29B1mFzRkyGXPSOMCU4qQvrHUm3cXZz3IcX0jkfO22dUjU2JCxhP0Oj04cOIKzMM Ftt9IgMM/jXvyaAhnnON56ZHgD8l0gJxi/XmqOjrGFsI2l1jHDDP7g6xPHsZB41S8pgP kcdRbId4Oexp499+Ax2eWf4XavcnXOWnaxILJPoHc5wXQYTDUUKdmCyn3F53j3JrMEX1 YT8w==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
after a talk on IRC, ft asked me to report this on that mailing. Please leave the CC: so that I get answer without need to subscribe to this list.
So here are the facts, with my history file (HISTFILE=$HOME/.zsh_history) available here ( http://www.fser.lautre.net/zsh-history.txt ),
I couldn't retrieve all the entries from my history file.
$ history # would only produce something like 30 entries
$ history 1 # would add few entries but not much
$ wc -l ~/.zsh_history # would return 1035+ lines (I removed some on the online version)
As far as I remember, I didn't changed any parameters.
I just added the shared_history parameter right now, which explains the timestamp on the file.
After a complete flush of the file, I get a "normal" behaviour.
$ history # gives me 25 lines, didn't find that parameter though
$ history 1 # gives me commands from number 1 so everything looks ok
I don't know if this mail is a bug report, but there is definitely something I don't understand here.
Thanks for reading.
Messages sorted by: