Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh on Precise Pangolin; META-FAQ does not build properly under recent yodl
- X-seq: zsh-workers 30660
- From: Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Zsh on Precise Pangolin; META-FAQ does not build properly under recent yodl
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 22:47:56 +0200
- Face: 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
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7bVd8bxBfC2E_p_AFkXho9c8BUdAJxwuW1tgjbhk31uXQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: DeuxChevaux.org -- The Citroën 2CV Database
- References: <CAH+w=7bVd8bxBfC2E_p_AFkXho9c8BUdAJxwuW1tgjbhk31uXQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 11:14:45AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I've just set up a Ubuntu 12.04 desktop. Zsh is not a default package
> on Ubuntu, apt-get installs 4.3.17 (the zsh-beta package is actually
> older, only 4.3.12-dev-something). So I decided to build zsh 5.0.0.
> After installing build-essential, yodl, and some other miscellaneous
> packages that Ubuntu makes it unnecessarily difficult to discover that
> you need (Software Center may look like the Apple Store, but it's
> nowhere near as helpful as Synaptic) I was able to configure and build
> zsh from the sourceforge repository.
> However, by chance I noticed that META-FAQ comes out like this:
> The latest version of this META-FAQ can be found at any of the FTP sites
> listed below.
> Zsh was originally written by Paul Falstad <pf@xxxxxxx>.
> Zsh is now maintained by the members of the zsh-workers mailing
> list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>. The development is currently
> coordinated by Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>. The coordinator
> can be contacted at <coordinator@xxxxxxx>, but matters relating to
> the code should generally go to the mailing list.
> Zsh is available from the following anonymous FTP sites. [...]
I can confirm that this problem also exists in Debian's 4.3.17 (Wheezy
aka Testing; Unstable) and 5.0.0 (Experimental) packages.
> The version of yodl available via apt-get for this distribution is
Same for Debian Testing and Unstable.
> The newline in the definition of sect() from META-FAQ.yo is
> being lost for some reason. I just checked my build on MacOS Lion
> (which is even more of a pain to set up, because Xcode no longer
> includes any of the GNU toolchain) where yodl is 2.13.2 [*] and
> actually it comes out the same way there, so this may have been broken
> for a while.
Debian Stable aka Squeeze seems to be fine: zsh 4.3.10 and yodl
2.15.2. But IIRC back then, the Debian zsh package took the
pre-compiled docs from the official tarball...
> It's correct in the zsh tarball so PWS must have a
> different version of yodl on his build host (?).
... while we build the docs with adapted paths at build time for a
year or such.
Kind regards, Axel
/~\ Plain Text Ribbon Campaign | Axel Beckert
\ / Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mail)
X See http://www.asciiribbon.org/ | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \ I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)
Messages sorted by: