Re: Commands run from functions don't exit cleanly on terminal close (SIGHUP)?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:10:42 -0400
Alan Pinstein <apinstein@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need to make one clarification; the PPID ends up as 1 (orphaned) if
> no traps are installed; if the HUP trap is installed, the PPID remains
> correct, but it still doesn't exit.

In my case (Fedora 15 on x86_64), I'm seeing the programme exit if there
aren't any traps, so I've got different behaviour.  This could be as the
result of a race or indeed pretty much anything else...

With the HUP trap, it's not exiting, but that doesn't actually surprise
me:  you're handling the trap within the shell, so it's not being
propagated as a signal to PHP.

There are lots of variables, I'll try to experiment some more, in
particular finding differences between the behaviour in functions and
not (which wouldn't surprise me, there is some special handling).

pws