Re: git again

On 2013-02-12 at 12:01 +0100, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> With this in mind, I've simplified the git branch usage written by Phil
> to recommend git merge --squash. Note to git newcomers, this is still a
> useful approach to follow: I use local branches even for fairly trivial
> changes and check in regularly at intermediate states; often as a way to
> push changes between Linux and Solaris.

LGTM, +1, Endorsed, whatever-the-current-vogue-is.  I like the new text.

(I suspect we'll end up suggesting that if you don't use "merge
 --squash" then you might want "rebase -i master" instead of a plain
 rebase, to be able to clean up the history with a tool that's both
 powerful and simple for that amount of power.  But it doesn't need to
 be in the doc for now: endorsed as-is.)

-Phil