Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH 2/3] Completion/Unix/Command/_git: fix shortlog completer
- X-seq: zsh-workers 31329
- From: Ramkumar Ramachandra <artagnon@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] Completion/Unix/Command/_git: fix shortlog completer
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 23:18:42 +0530
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=KylLRPk+kL0UWlFXMI/hDRyYu5hLqJblsyieCPRLdlE=; b=ki4z+yyF1wipmwyS3ozoCSoVq+bkHs+D6fY87Q+lcok9L5sF+0Ev+i8eZ4kTA7iupB CZD48xmdpyFlYEO0sFaijyhiZWOKAE0kUtM1KRUQZM3EHLTZpIvxiHuOpxF+smJBcSPv Cos6biRkcbbNPCCqY7U74KfpRm5k7zdT9CDw6Q3BscPVfwv176ig9cLhB83Vtk2Q8L6R CidQjNr0NhlK3G/LLpBVg92jwePrkIwi/qw8KUvLxFTVzL3uftjnLT9UKInTHHGOE+LX VyF+YibXF3XQF/47rQNtyb6FGntPP54y8Ng1TuwbVeeRsozoPznFtxoLHj8PSA72mWMC 9RWQ==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Frank Terbeck wrote:
> I stumbled across a message on the git development mailing list, in
> which Ramkumar basically falls for Felipe's ramblings. And since I'm not
> interested in shouting matches with that guy I'll just leave him be. In
> related news, I just pushed this commit to the central repository as
> well, because Ramkumar - on the git mailing list - stated that he'll
> drop working on this particular completion immediately.
Hey, you can talk to me about it. I don't know the entire history of
things, but I've seen a few emails in which Felipe causes some
unpleasantness on the list (so yes, I'm roughly aware of his strengths
and weaknesses). I'm just an unbiased observer, and want to work
towards the common good.
Now, I'm a shell-scripting beginner and do not have the expertise to
fully evaluate zsh's completer versus git.git's completer. From my
untrained eyes, zsh's completer looks more complete and comprehensive
but git.git's completer looks terse and less intimidating. There is
definitely a noticeable difference in speed: git.git's completer is
much faster, and there's no doubt about that.
I want to work on the completer without fundamentally difficult
problems (because I can't fix those fundamentally difficult problems).
Speed seems to be a big pain point in zsh's completer, and that seems
to be a very difficult problem to solve (I saw a few list emails about
it). However, it looks like we can gradually make git.git's completer
That's all I really have. Can you help me out, and tell me more?
I would really like for us all to work on one completer.
Messages sorted by: