Re: git branches and compilation

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having been annoyed a couple of times by things not recompiling when a
> different branch is checked out (especially the texinfo inputs in Doc/,
> leading to reams of bad node errors when doing "make info") I dug into
> this a bit further and found "metastore".

As a word of warning, metastore's binary storage format is _not_ merge
friendly. You must not diverge or branch off this file. David has lost
interest in metastore and does not intend to fix this.

Because of this, I wrote metamonger[1] to scratch this itch and
there's a branch which restores metadata. The master branch can only
store at the moment. Patches welcome; or if I know that someone
besides me wants to use this that may be the kick in the proverbial
behind I need to continue working on this, clean up history a bit, and
merge into master.

RIchard

[1] https://github.com/RichiH/metamonger